Founded in September 2017, Inovues is an award-winning window technology company focused on building upgrades and energy efficiency retrofits. We have developed a non-intrusive glazing retrofit system, Glazing Shield™, that enables the windows and glass facades of buildings to be upgraded without removing, replacing, drilling, or altering any part of them.
Inovues offers building owners a cost-effective and non-disruptive solution to upgrade the windows and curtain-walls, whether to bring them up to energy code levels and comply with building efficiency laws or to incorporate the latest energy-efficient and smart glass and glazing technologies and benefit from advanced features like vacuum insulation, energy harvesting, and dynamic tinting and heat gain control.
Inovues Glazing Shields, which can be securely mounted on the original glass from the interior or exterior, can increase window insulation by up to 10 times and reduce energy consumption and peak heating and cooling loads by up to 40%. Inovues' solution can also improve the occupants' thermal and acoustic comfort significantly and enhance the image and sustainability of the building without altering its architectural identity. All of this can be accomplished for a fraction of the cost of window replacement and with no downtime or disruption to the building or occupants, providing up to 10 times faster payback and up to 400% return on investment.
At Inovues, we strive to improve the health and wellbeing of building occupants, increase resource efficiency, and protect the natural environment.
Our mission is to make it economically feasible for building owners to upgrade the windows to the latest technologies, without replacement, so they can bring their buildings up to the highest energy efficiency standards and performance expectations with minimal costs and without disruption to the building or occupants.
Our goal is to help cities worldwide achieve their energy-efficiency and emissions-reduction targets by increasing and accelerating the rate of window upgrades, which are highly effective for improving the energy efficiency of existing buildings — the No. 1 end-users of energy in the U.S. and many other countries.
Inovues' patented Glazing Shield system has been successfully tested at a leading independent testing facility per the following industry standards: ASTM E283; 330; 331; 2188; 90 and AAMA 1503; 501.1. The technology is currently at the pilot stage with several demonstrations planned in Q4 2019 and Q1 2020 on multiple buildings in different climate zones in the US. The technology is expected to be ready for full commercialization in 2020.
Key Achievements to Date:
• Secured pilot sites with some of the largest real estate owners in the US.
• Secured patent protection in the US.
• Validated the technology through independent testing per industry standards.
• Produced the first fully-functional version of the product successfully.
• Partnered and collaborated with top industry players.
• Raised funding from one of the top investor groups in North America.
Select Awards & Recognition:
• Awarded by Greentown Labs, Saint-Gobain NOVA, and CertainTeed in the 2019 inNOVAte Challenge out of more than 110 applicants.
• Selected as a finalist by the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) in the 2018 76West Clean Energy Competition out of 152 companies.
• Won the Cleantech Open 2017 US National Grand Prize Award, the InfoTech & Built Environment Category Award, and the South Central Regional Award.
MEET THE TEAM
Founder & CEO/CTO
Partner, Strategic Partnerships
Business Development Advisor/Consultant
Commercial Real Estate Advisor
Business Development Representative
Business Development Representative
New York City