top of page
Technology

Non-Invasive, High-ROI Window and Facade Retrofits

Winner of multiple awards, including Gold Stevie® American and International Business Awards for Energy Industry Innovation. Featured in Bill Gates' Breakthrough Energy Climate Action Playbook.

system-drawing.png

NEW GLASS
+
INSULATING CAVITY
+
THERMAL BRAK 
=

thermal termometer icon white with snowflake and sun teal.png

2x-10x 

Better Thermal

Insulation

NO sound icon teal.png

65%+ 

Better Sound  
Insulation

Upgrade existing building facades and windows in place with the latest energy-saving and smart glass technologies — without removal or replacement.

Challenge

  • $1.1 Tn CRE obsolescence problem 

  • $9.2 Bn / year energy loss through glazing

  • Glazing becomes obsolete in 1st few years

  • Replacement is costly, disruptive, wasteful

Solution

  • First-of-its-kind platform for renewable / upcyclable glass facades

  • Up to 10x performance improvement

  • 70% fewer materials than replacement 

  • Fast & affordable

INOVUES' retrofit technology is affordable and easy to implement, and it blends with the facade. Its impact on indoor comfort has been significant over the past three years."

Sven Harmsen, Director External Ventures, Saint-Gobain

Benefits

01

Up to 10x faster payback / >10% cost of replacement 

Performance Icon.png

02

Up to 40% energy savings, utility & public incentives

Funding Icon.png

03

Up to 30% operational  + 70% embodied CO2 savings

co2 icon 2-color.png

04

Up to 3x thermal comfort improvement

thermal termometer icon white with snowflake and sun teal.png

05

Over 65% acoustic comfort improvement

NO sound icon teal.png

06

Improved prestige, curb appeal, sustainability, and asset value

Increase Value Icon.png
3M during installation.jpg

Use Cases

  • Saving on Heating & Cooling 
     

  • Downsizing HVAC
     

  • Electrification 
     

  • Carbon Reduction
     

  • Thermal Comfort
     

  • Acoustic Comfort 

 

  • Extend Life of Glazing

 

  • Facade Rebranding / Future-Proofing 

Non-Invasive Retrofit Systems Compatible with Most Existing Windows & Curtain Walls 

fixed window drawing.png

Fixed Windows, Curtain Walls & Window Walls

pivoting window drawing.png

Pivoting

Windows

awning and hopper window drawing.png

Awning & Hopper

Windows

doible-hung window drawing.png

Single or Double-Hung Windows

casement window drawing.png

Casement

Windows

sliding window drawing.png

Horizontal Sliding Windows

Glass-Agnostic Systems: Upgrade to the Latest Glass Technologies

Infrared image showing the amount of heat loss from New York City buildings (Photo by Tyrone Turner - National Geographic).

TODAY

TOMORROW

SUSTAINABLE ECONOMIC AND ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT

According to the IEA, U.S. DOE, and LBNL 20-40% of the total energy savings in buildings, which are responsible for nearly half of all energy consumption and carbon emissions in the U.S. (Architecture 2030), is projected to be from windows and building envelopes. Today, it is estimated that about 40% of all commercial and multifamily residential buildings in the U.S. still have single-pane windows according to the EIA, LBNL, ARPA-E, GSA, and the DOE Building Performance Database (BPD). Moreover, half of the remaining 60% is estimated to have lower-performing double-pane window systems that lack significantly in performance compared to the latest technologies and building and energy code requirements.

If only the single-glazed office buildings in the U.S. were upgraded, the typical result of 20% improvement in energy efficiency would translate into more than $1.5 billion in annual savings and about 140 trillion Btu each year in reduced energy consumption. This is equal to about 24 million barrels of oil or more than 10 million metric tons of reduced CO2 emissions per year, which is like removing more than 2 million cars off the streets each year.

 

By significantly improving the energy efficiency of existing buildings, we will mitigate the impact of climate change, make the built environment more resilient, and help preserve natural resources.

Image: Before-and-after thermal infrared image showing the amount of heat loss from New York City buildings (Original Photo by Tyrone Turner - National Geographic).

Impact

Interested in learning more? Send us a message.

Please fill in your contact details, and we will be in touch soon.
Thank you for your interest!

Success! Message received.

bottom of page